An independent British international co-educational boarding and day school for pupils aged 4-18. Le RÃ©gent is an Independent British International Boarding and Day School situated on the Haut Plateau of Crans-Montana, a well-known mountain resort in Switzerland. The Junior School welcomes children from the age of four until thirteen. Pupils sit the 11+ and 13+ Common Entrance Exams. It is expected that most of these pupils will move on to the Senior School where they will study to prepare for the (I)GCSE. Le RÃ©gent College is, as of 1st June 2016, a candidate school for the Diploma Programme. As such, it is currently pursuing authorization as an IB World School. IB schools share a common philosophy â€“ a commitment to high quality, challenging, international education that Le RÃ©gent College believes is important for their students. For further information about the IB and its programmes, visit http://www.ibo.org Our first goal is to produce well-educated global citizens. Added to a clear emphasis on the academic work, there will be ample opportunities to develop talents in sports or in the world of arts. We will take every occasion to develop the understanding and the practice of the four virtues underlying the school philosophy: Courtesy, Compassion, Creativity and Courage. The community is a happy and purposeful one in which relation of trust and confidence among all members of our College is cultivated on a daily basis. ACADEMIC LIFE
- Programmes taught in English, following the British national curriculum.
- ESL (English as a Second Language) courses for non-native speakers.
- A highly qualified academic staff who provide academic support to all our pupils across the ability range.
- A strong academic ethos, maintaining valued traditions and being at the forefront of educational development.
- Le RÃ©gent Crans-Montana College offers Common Entrance, GCSE (General Certificate of Secondary Education), IGCSE (International General Certificate of Secondary Education) and is pursuing authorization as an IB World School.
- A special emphasis on arts and sports.
- Boarding life: a convivial, family-like atmosphere encouraged and supported by highly experienced staff.
- Set in a beautiful campus, which offers first-class facilities to its students.
- Form/Grade Tutors who supervise challenging academic and well-balanced co-curricular sets of activities.
- Discovering, developing and fine-tuning talents.
- Skills: working and communicating with others; creative, critical and positive thinking; taking responsibility; independent learning; showing leadership and accountability and acquiring sound life skills.